Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 71 to 74 of 74

Thread: Help designing an LF cabinet.

  1. #71
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Panomaniac:
    The Altecs in the living room will be just another tool - a good tool. And like any tool, you have to know how to use it to get the best results.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Greets!

    We'll have to agree to disagree since in a typical home HIFI app they are much too 'colored' (distorted) to subjectively access/tweak electronic components for mass consumption, especially in any type of vented cab other than aperiodic, unless they are part of an active speaker design using these old Altec components.

    GM

  2. #72
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Help designing an LF cabinet.


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by GM:
    [
    Gees, I was only agreeing with you by way of a prime example that I have stated on several similar threads, though I don't agree with you that being a point source ~negates it enough to matter. GM[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I prolly owe you an apology for not understanding what you were saying...heck I didn't even realize you were agreeing with me.

    Guess I get crankier as I get older- just call it a "senior moment" if you would.

  3. #73
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    No problemo! In retrospect, all things considered I can see how it could be construed as a wise-*** comeback.

    GM

  4. #74
    Inactive Member chopsrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Old Guy:
    If you are referencing the Altecs with 2-12"s and the 90 degree horn, yes you are right. Many a mix down room for vocal groups had those.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, I was referring more to Westlake Audio's Reference series loudspeakers.

    BTW, has anyone here heard any of the Reference series from Westlake before? Just curious.

    7

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.